- You must be an active Etsy seller and a member of the Sheffield Sellers on Etsy Team.
- You will direct potential customers to your Etsy shop during the event.
- There is no application sift for this event, team members are automatically pre-approved to take part.
Your registration to sell at this event (completed via the Team Website) allows the team leadership to collate the necessary information (including images and links) to create promotional materials and stay in contact with you.
NOTE: If you do not complete your registration in full, you will not receive these benefits.
By registering to take part in this event you are confirming that:
- Your Etsy shop complies with Etsy’s house rules. This includes, but is not limited to, the following in relation to your products:
- are your own original work;
- do not contain or reference any third-party trademarks;
- do not infringe the copyright or any other rights of any third party – this includes ‘fan art’.
If you are not familiar with Etsy’s House rules, please read them before completing registration as they were updated on 16th October 2020: https://www.etsy.com/ca/legal/sellers/?ref=list
- You have Public Liability Insurance in place that covers the dates of the event.
- You understand that you are responsible for the promotion of your own Etsy shop during the event.
- You understand that the team leadership will use social media to share information about the Event Hub on our website and to promote the event as a whole rather than specific sellers/products.
Taking Part in the Event
You are applying to sell via your Etsy shop as part of the Sheffield Sellers on Etsy: Christmas Online Market event between 21st and 22nd November 2020.
The cost is £10 per Etsy shop. (These fees will contribute towards paid adverts on Facebook and Instagram to promote the event.)
The event hashtag is #etsysheffonline
The event coupon code is XMASONLINE2020.
NOTE: We strongly recommend that you use this coupon code so that you can track sales from the event. Your coupon can be used to set an offer that works for your business and is compatible with Etsy’s coupon options.
The event will take place through social media, predominantly on Instagram, but also using a Facebook event page to advertise the market. The promotion by the team leadership will be to direct customers to the Event Hub on our team website for more information.
NOTE: The team leadership cannot promise to promote everyone on the event weekend. However, we WILL share a selection of good quality posts on the team accounts. This will be in addition to pushing traffic to the Event Hub on the team website so that ALL sellers can be found. Please ensure that you use the event hashtag and also tag us in any social media content so we can see and potentially share your posts/stories.
The Event Hub on the website will include a directory of all the registered seller’s Etsy shops with relevant links, as well as gift guides featuring products from registered sellers. If enough sellers wish to share live videos, we will also create a schedule for these to share in the Hub and via social media.
We are also offering the opportunity to keep your directory listing for your Etsy shop on our website for 3 months after the event. We will be offering this service for free till the 22nd February 2021 for all participants of the Christmas Online Market.
You will be provided with branded templates to help you promote your Etsy shop before and during the event. These can be customised in Canva – you will need to set up an account if you do not already have one, however full instructions will be provided via email.
Support for Sellers
We know from the team survey in September that many team members have not previously taken part in an online selling event.
We will use your email address to contact you via an event specific mailing list – this will be used to share information about the event.
We will also set up an event specific Facebook group for sellers who are taking part. It is optional to join this group.
This Facebook group will be used to share best practice and offer support to learn new skills, such as creating videos in different formats. It’s purpose will be to offer sellers the chance to practise their skills in a safe space and develop their confidence before the event.
All important updates will be circulated by email and copied to FB group.
Please add email@example.com to your email contacts to avoid our emails going to your spam folder.
In addition, please note the points below which relate specifically to the Sheffield Sellers on Etsy: Christmas Online Market event.
- We will store your registration information on a password protected Google Sheet for up to 2 months after the event.
- We will store your order details via our website, which we are legally required to keep for 7 years.
- We will add the email address you provided to a mailing list. The sole purpose of this will be to give you key information about the event. You will be unsubscribed from this list once we have distributed the post-event feedback survey.
- We will never sell your data or pass it on to any other organisation not already mentioned above.
Completion of Registration
- The deadline for registration to the market is Sunday 6th November. Payment will be required at the time of registration. Please note that all fees are non-refundable.
- Sign up to the event mailing list for sellers via the registration form – this is mandatory to complete your registration. (Please also add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email contacts to avoid our emails going to your spam folder.)
- Add the official event to your Facebook business page. Please don’t create your own event.
- (Optional) Join the event Facebook group for sellers if you want additional support from your fellow team members. We will send you a link to this.
Your place at the market is conditional on the first three steps being completed by midnight on Friday 13th November at 11.59pm.
If you have not completed these steps, you will not be able to take part and your directory listing and gift guide products will be removed from the website. Any money you have paid to us by this point will be returned to you within seven days.